21.10.11

Hot weather and Yu-Gi-Oh!

Hurlstone boys: Kenny Tieu, Simon Chau, Miss Vo, Thomson Trang, Alan Ly
Yu-Gi-Oh! cards
What our "healthy" school canteen sells

Left to right: Ashley Wu, Anh Le, Me
I cannot exaggerate enough how hot today was. My mum's car read 38 degrees and I thought that it was pretty extreme for Spring. The weather isn't helping the Year 12 workload at all too. I am constantly stressed about homework and notes and exams which are springing up in a couple of weeks.

My plan for lunchtime, was to look through some Senior Science books, but the library was closed for ex-Year 12 students to study for the HSC. So Ashley, Anh and I decided to keep ourselves entertained by watching the intense Yo-Gi-Oh battles between the boys. Yes, why are they still playing card games? I don't know. Yu-Gi-Oh was primary school stuff, stuff of 5 years ago!

But you know what, it's not surprising at all that the boys started playing Yu-Gi-Oh again. Although we're the oldest kids at school now, we're still running for trains, playing tips and what not. Kenny's deck was astonishing. He said he spent $100 plus on that deck and it shows, because he has red/black protective sleeves for all of his cards. He must have been spoilt. Enough words said. I'm only kidding, he's very hard-working now, that is, in the classroom.

The Prefects are back! I looked at photos on Facebook and it seemed like a really fun camp. Oh well, I had fun at school...right?

1 comment:

  1. Interesting blog! It's always interesting to hear about others my age who live in different places around the world :)

    ReplyDelete