8.11.12

Hunting Bargains & Eating At Obaltan

Catching the East Hills line
Waiting for Shannen to try on her clothes
Wearing: Adidas white T-shirt, Forever New overalls, Calvin Klein belt, Urge teal loafers, Oroton body purse
My first Korean restaurant experience!
Obaltan endorses femininity
Thought this was soup, but it's pickled cabbage and lettuce
Radish that tastes like Kim Chi
Beef ribs
Chilli rice cakes
Pork belly
On the grill

Shannen (Shanini) being a cutie
I had such a great time with three of my girlfriends today at the city. Aside from Shannen who had to look for a formal outfit to wear for her first interview tomorrow, Anne, Anh and I were wondering around the City streets for no other purpose other than to get out of the house and make the most of our Post-HSC lives. Without a doubt, I can say that today was 100% worth it. Budget shopping or window shopping, whatever pleases your vocabulary list, can be pretty fun. I thought it would be a horrifying experience before today, but one thing that I have learnt about budget shopping, is that you get "cheapsake's satisfaction" and it truly is an exalting feeling. Speaking of vocabulary, Anh and I had an epiphanic moment on the train to the City today, as we realised how our English vocab had rotted away in a matter of 2-3 weeks from completing our HSC English assessment tasks. We actually struggle to think of words such as "elegant" and "tricked".

To recount our adventurous outing in short:
We boarded an East Hills train and talked about Joseph Gordan Levitt and 21 Jumpstreet for most of the time. I have to recount that Anh miraculously used her school pass to exit the gates at the QVB entrance. Good work little sister!

We tried our luck at Top Shop first, but soon realised the bargains weren't there...so, we headed to Myer. I managed to scoop two cardigans off the sale rack at Myer and they are just perfection, made for me completely. The first is a hot pink, over-sized cardi with black lace decoration and the second, is a navy blue cardi with a detachable leopard fur collar and shiny black buttons. $45 in total, sweet!

My pact with Anh is that every time we go to the City, we must buy Moochi and keep the spoon as a  memory trigger of the outing. Today, they made Green Tea frozen yoghurt, just my luck!

Obaltan was where we had lunch at. It was quite hard to find as it is situated at the end of an alleyway, and Anne and Anh can both take credit for finding the restaurant. We did vlog the whole lunch session, but I am waiting Anne to upload the video. It was my first time eating at a Korean restaurant and I really enjoyed it. Obaltan's interior design is cosy with wooden furnishings, and to critique the dishes that we ordered, we decided on an average of 8/10. I praise the rice cake dish!

I won't write further, because this will get tedious for both parties. The video will hopefully be more fun to watch. To the lazy, get out of the house and spend time with friends! I had such a great time, I mean it!

Thank you to the ladies who accompanied me today, I loved spending time with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment